The humanitarian organization DARA issued a report Wednesday saying that 100 million people may die by 2030 as a direct result of climate change. 90% of those affected would be in third world nations; the remaining 10% are thought to be sick and elderly in places closest to the equator.
With temperatures soaring due to mankind’s abuse of the world’s resources, startling and disturbing new environmental disasters are occurring each day. In July of this year 97% of the country of Greenland melted as temperatures across the globe reached new highs.
Sadly, due to this current government’s partisan crisis, not much will be done to prevent further environmental disasters. We can only hope that our nation’s elected officials get their heads out of their asses. With a staggering number projected to die – 100,000,000 – directly because of climate change, the government must do all it can to pass further measures to protect the environment before it too late.