Florida man dies after cockroach eating competition (video)

Florida man dies after cockroach eating competition (video)

Oct 9, 2012

Edward Archbold, 32, died unexpectedly after he won a cockroach eating competition at a local pet store in West Palm Beach, Florida. Around thirty other contenstants had also entered the competition and all are believed to be fine. The prize was an $850 snake.

Police received a 911 call at around 11:30pm after Archbold collapsed after entering the bathroom in order to throw up the 30 cockroaches (and some worms) he had eaten in order to win the snake. The snake is to be donated to his estate by Ben Seigel Reptiles, the pet store in question.

Edward can be seen in this video wearing a white headband and glasses.

Source: WPTV

Around the Web
Comments